Absolutely Beautiful Hotel: Chateau Les Merles

Recently, Anna over at Absolutely Beautiful Things profiled the most gorgeous hotel in France, Chateau Les Merles, that I am absolutely drooling over. I’m sure all of you saw her post but the hotel’s website has so many more beautiful photos online that I just had to share some of them. I hope Anna doesn’t mind. I also thought it would a perfect follow up to Andree Putman.
As you have probably realized by now, I’m a total sucker for period details mixed with modern furnishings and Chateau Les Merles with the help of Dutch designer Joris van Grinsven more than delivers. It is now completely and utterly alone at the top of my must visit list!

I LOVE the hand door knocker above and the punch of color on the chairs below. The photographer wasn’t credited on the Chateau’s website but he should be because he or she has a great eye for composition!

The white slip covers lend a casual relaxed atmosphere to what could have been a very austere room and the light wood colored armoire softens up the black and white palette.

I love the chalk board labels in the wine storage room below, as well as the graphic pattern of the square bins and round bottles.

I was surprised to learn that the Chateau had a golf course, which I think would make a fun couples trip. Of course, I’d be laying out by the pool and drinking some of that wine while everyone else was out chasing a little white ball. You didn’t really think I played sports did you?

1. The Wannabe August 23, 2007 | 1:17 am

Hey there! I noticed you’re interested in fashion and thought you might like to check my new blog. It features great fashion picks at low prices. Prada is nice, but so is reality ;D

Check it at:

ps; i LOVE that you’re in NY!

See you around!

2. patriciagrayinc.com August 23, 2007 | 3:13 am

The top photo reminds me from a photo from a movie. Oh to be in France right now! thanks for the dreamy pictures. I’d be joining you for that glass of wine.

3. girl meets glamour August 23, 2007 | 4:19 am

So glad you posted this! Those door knockers are just fab…and the rooms look so chic. I wish I was there right now 🙂

~Kate

4. decorno.blogspot.com August 23, 2007 | 5:36 am

Ok, you’re going to have to realize, I must steal that photo to add to my blog’s “White Hot Room” tags.

Also, that little hand door knocker… I *just* saw one like that this weekend at an antiques shop for $40 and passed and now I regret it. Sigh. It looks so charming in your photo.

5. Emily August 23, 2007 | 11:27 am

That office space interior was super chic. I love the oversized lampshade on the tripod legs.

6. ALL THE BEST August 23, 2007 | 12:12 pm

Now I really want to stay at Chateau Les Merles and that door knocker is great!!

7. Anna August 23, 2007 | 12:42 pm

Great additional photos – I didn’t see the misty one at the top though – I love that one!!
    XO
    Anna

8. The Peak of Chic August 23, 2007 | 1:31 pm

So beautiful, and that doorknocker is the best!

9. Habitually Chic August 23, 2007 | 1:33 pm

Thanks everyone! I think we should all convene to Chateau Les Merles for our first blogger convention! How does that sound?

10. Habitually Chic August 23, 2007 | 1:35 pm

Decorno, I “borrowed” the post idea from Anna so feel free to steal any photo you want 😉

Also, you definitely need to go back and see if that door knocker is there again! Maybe no one else bought it! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

11. Cote de Texas August 24, 2007 | 10:21 pm

I’m coming along, because I’ll lay out by the pool with you. No golf for me either. This is all just too beautiful for words!

JONI

12. franki durbin August 27, 2007 | 2:38 pm

darling, how did I miss this post? French interiors can often be overdone…but these are just dreamy (yes, the fog contributes to that image…but dreamy nonetheless).

The white slip covers make it modern, and the vintage armoire lend the right timeless balance. very relaxed. very sophisticated. gorgeous!

13. MissK September 8, 2007 | 11:08 pm

I would spend my whole time there in those gorgeous rooms and would only leave the room to back to the cellar to selecy another bottleof wine.