Carolina Herrera + Jeremiah Goodman = Perfection

Carolina Herrera often cites artists as her inspiration. A few years back it was French photographer Jacques-Henri Lartigue. This season, it’s the interiors illustrator extraordinaire Jeremiah Goodman and his book Jeremiah: A Romantic Vision. Can you think of anything more chic?! It’s also the perfect example of the way fashion, art, and interior design often converge with stunning results. Mrs. Herrera said she wanted an explosion of color and she certainly succeeded and in doing so, she also created a collection that can most certainly be described as a romantic vision. Once again, she proves why she’s a style icon!

1. Brilliant Asylum September 17, 2007 | 5:38 pm

These renderings are so beautiful. The inspiration really shines through.

2. patricia gray inc.com September 17, 2007 | 5:52 pm

I love the link you have done between fashion and interior design. I agree that they go hand in hand.

3. stljoie September 17, 2007 | 7:03 pm

What a beautiful presentation..my inclination is to interior design not fashion … but I found it all so beautifully connected. Your site is introducing me to the couture.

4. Anonymous September 17, 2007 | 7:09 pm

I have had the pleasure of seeing Jeremiah’s illustraions in friends homes,they were stunning,the one that impressed me the most was of a ladies private sitting room,Jeremiah had painted the exact room including all the details of the accessories and the illustration was hung above the mantel of the fireplace,when I got up real close I saw that he had painted in the room with the illustration above the mantel,I thought that was of such geniality.

Carolina Herrera and Jeremiah Goodman=just fantastic.

Wonderful post,wonderful photos and illustrations!

RJH dl H

5. Mrs. Blandings September 17, 2007 | 7:15 pm

This is an extrodiary post. Bravo! I love the way you paired the illustrations with Herrera’s designs. Beautiful.

6. Habitually Chic September 17, 2007 | 7:29 pm

BA, When you see them together, the inspiration does shine through. I love it!

7. Habitually Chic September 17, 2007 | 7:31 pm

Patricia, I think fashion and design are so linked. To me, they are all works of art.

8. Habitually Chic September 17, 2007 | 7:32 pm

stljolie, I know I’ve focused too much on fashion in the last week but I’ve been coming across so many great examples, that I just had to post them. I’m glad I could introduce you to something outside the box!

9. Habitually Chic September 17, 2007 | 7:35 pm

RJH dl H,

You’ve seen Jeremiah’s illustrations up close?! That is too fabulous for words! I want to know more about how this wonderful opportunity came about! I would love it if you emailed me, habituallychic@gmail.com. I also want to know what those fabulous initials stand for!

HC

10. Habitually Chic September 17, 2007 | 7:36 pm

Mrs. Blandings, Thanks for the kind words. I was so excited when I saw the intervew where she said her inspiration was Jeremiah Goodman. I just knew you all would love it as much as I did!

11. Dani September 18, 2007 | 1:08 am

Wow, his work is really inspiring and Ch did a wonderful job!
    It really “shines through”.

12. Sarah Jennings September 18, 2007 | 2:41 am

Beautiful, artistic post! I am going to go back and look again….it was so lovely.

13. Anonymous September 18, 2007 | 4:16 am

Unbelievably beautiful!!

Simply exquisite!!

Merci beacoup~
    Cindy

14. Suzy September 18, 2007 | 2:00 pm

Great post! What a fantastic combination. Its so wonderful to hear how fashion designers are being inspired by the interiors or design world, and vice versa. Very inspirational!

15. Alice Olive September 18, 2007 | 2:39 pm

As everyone before me has decreed – this is a great post!

Carolina Herrera’s designs are always so feminine, tasteful and elegant. I guess I tend to associate her with a crisp white shirt, a minimalist approach and ‘less is more’ when it comes to colour and pattern. I’m no expert but I was surprised by these designs. However, they are simply stunning and as elegant as ever.

PS – Have to thank you for the recent suggestion about JPG Magazine… I have become alittle bit addicted.

16. Habitually Chic September 18, 2007 | 4:35 pm

I’m so glad everyone enjoyed this post! I think it’s so interesting to see how the inspriation is interpreted in a different medium.

17. Habitually Chic September 18, 2007 | 4:37 pm

Alice Olive,

She definitely had crisp white shirts in the show but I thought these designs really captured the Jeremiah Goodman illustrations perfectly.

P.S. I’m so glad you enjoed JPG magazine. I hope the addiction isn’t affecting your work 😉

18. Sarah Dennis September 18, 2007 | 5:57 pm

Absolutely fabulous post! I love the synergy between design, fashion, art, home interior and even tabletop. You illustrated this point brilliantly.

Bravo!

19. girl meets glamour September 18, 2007 | 9:27 pm

Lovely, just lovely!!! Brilliant post 🙂

~Kate

20. teaorwine September 19, 2007 | 1:15 am

Interesting transfer from art to fashion.

21. coco+kelley September 21, 2007 | 5:13 am

wonderful post!! i get many design ideas from the runways, and i love finding those connections! what a beautiful combination of brilliant minds 🙂

22. Style Court September 22, 2007 | 10:27 pm

HC,

One of your best posts ever. I love my Jeremiah book, but seeing the renderings juxtaposed with CH’s work adds something new for me 🙂