Chic and the City

It’s pretty much an unwritten rule that New Yorkers do not stare at celebrites or ask them for autographs. We don’t even blink when we see a movie being shot as we walk by. That’s just how it is. But yesterday, I almost had a total freak out when I saw Sarah Jessica Parker walk by me after filming a scene for the new Sex and the City movie! She is so unbelievably beautiful in person that these photos do not even do her justice.

I know this post has nothing to do with design other than the fact that her outfit was beyond chic! Check out the Eiffel Tower handbag. A little souvenir from their last trip to Paris perhaps? It’s these little moments that make living in New York so exciting…even if we jaded New Yorkers don’t usually admit it!

1. Sanctuary September 20, 2007 | 4:45 pm

What a wonderful post! Can’t believe who you spotted, I’m not ashamed to say that she is definitely one of my icons! She looks totally stunning in these shots!!!

2. Alice Olive September 20, 2007 | 4:46 pm

I can totally appreciate SJP would make you stop in your NYC tracks!! I am hanging out for this movie, even though I am trying to remain realistic (ie it will disappoint).

3. beachbungalow8 September 20, 2007 | 4:51 pm

oh i love her. she’s so cute.

and yes, i live in a town of celebs. my neighbors have their own sitcoms and reality shows. i stand in line at von’s with a,b and c listers. go to soccer games with celeb parents, so i know what you mean. you have to act like no big deal.

did you take those pictures? that bag is tres chic.

4. Anonymous September 20, 2007 | 4:53 pm

Lucky duck! Does anyone know who made the dress and coat…such pretty colors!

5. Habitually Chic September 20, 2007 | 5:19 pm

Sanctuary, I swear she was even more stunning and thin in person!

6. Habitually Chic September 20, 2007 | 5:20 pm

Alice Olive, I hope the movie will be good like The Devil Wears Prada, but you never know. Fingers crossed!!!

7. Habitually Chic September 20, 2007 | 5:22 pm

Anonymous, I’m hoping someone will figure out who made the coat and dress. I don’t have time to research it today. Any ideas anyone?

8. Habitually Chic September 20, 2007 | 5:22 pm

Megan, it’s celebrity sighting season here as they are also filming Damages and the Cashmere Mafia near me. I still do get kind of excited, mostly just to tell everyone at home 😉

I did not take the photos and I hope someone can tell us who made the bag. It’s not my style but really chic regardless!

9. girl meets glamour September 20, 2007 | 7:49 pm

OMG, I would be freaking out on the inside too! Thanks for sharing your celebrity encounter 🙂

~Kate

10. Meg September 20, 2007 | 8:35 pm

I’m so excited for this movie! If only for the clothes…

11. Rowena September 21, 2007 | 7:38 am

Oh wow! Thanks for this post! Doesn’t she just inspire you to be chic?!

I have no doubt the movie will be great, as it is being directed and written by those who created it and the tv episodes were always wonderful. Can’t wait!

12. Suzy September 21, 2007 | 8:47 am

All I can say is, you lucky girl!

13. ALL THE BEST September 21, 2007 | 11:55 am

That bag is so wonderful, but the coat is to die for!!!

14. Brilliant Asylum September 21, 2007 | 1:15 pm

Yay! I am so excited filming of SITC is underway. I miss that show so much. SJP looks adorable. Cute post.

15. Mrs. Blandings September 21, 2007 | 2:18 pm

Ok, I know she’s an actress and everything – but she always looks so happy. Exuberant. It makes her appeal to me even more.

16. {RNVL} September 21, 2007 | 6:08 pm

That outfit is fantastic and the photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your celebrity encounter 🙂

17. Dani September 21, 2007 | 6:54 pm

I guess we all fell in love with that dress:) She looks amazing.

18. franki durbin September 21, 2007 | 7:36 pm

oh she’s just adorable. and we forgive you (of course) for a bit of gushing (if not blushing!). What a funny little encounter!

19. Habitually Chic September 21, 2007 | 7:38 pm

Thanks to everyone for your fun comments.

To update the story, I was talking to Kim Cattrall’s boyfriend at a party last night and I was asking him about whether he thought the movie was going to be good and he said definitely. He’s read it and he thinks we will all love it! I hope he’s right!

Also, the bad thing about them filming in NYC is that their are photos all over the place of the movie. I made my friends not tell me anything last night and then this morning, the news on Channel 7 here totally gave away the whole plot line so now I pretty much know what will happen. I think it would have been nice if they had warned me first so I could have muted the TV. Jerks! Grrrrrr!!!

20. Suzy September 24, 2007 | 5:30 am

Oh, that’s terrible! Please don’t give us any clues, I’m dyeing to see it! I was telling some girlfriends at dinner over the weekend that it was being filmed and you’d spotted her. We’re all very jealous!

PS – You know Kim Cattrall’s boyfriend!?

21. Habitually Chic September 24, 2007 | 1:34 pm

Suzy, I would NEVER give any clues! I was so mad when I found out what happens but that’s the price we pay for living in the same city where they are filming.

I do know Kim’s boyfriend. She is a client and he came to a party we had last Thursday. She was supposed to come but had a hair and makeup test and was shooting the next day. I asked if we could come by the set and watch them film and he said he’d ask her but it probably wouldn’t be a problem. I’ll keep you posted if that actually happens!

22. Paloma September 30, 2007 | 11:52 pm

OMG! Every time we are in New York, I secretly hope to see her. That is so unbelievable!