House Tour: Harriet Maxwell Macdonald

After having what can only be described as the worst weekend of my entire life, for reasons better left unsaid, I’m not exactly in the mood to wax poetic about interior design. But, I didn’t want to leave you without a Monday post so I thought I would feature the London apartment of Harriet Maxwell Macdonald. Don’t you just love her Collette Dinnigan dress?! I think I might have to go shopping tomorrow.

Harriet is one of the co-owners Ochre, a fabulous little shop in New York that features her own line of furniture and lighting. So it’s no surprise then that the apartment she shares with her husband, Andrew Corrie, is just as fabulous and beautiful. When I’m feeling better I will update the post with witty comments and product details. Until then, I’m going to go back to nursing my broken heart.

Photos by Elizabeth Zeschin

1. elizabeth November 5, 2007 | 2:08 am

That leather and velvet chaise just killed me. Gorgeous.

2. Suzy November 5, 2007 | 5:43 am

It’s a beatiful apartment. Hope you get over your horrific weekend soon!

3. Heather at Grace303 November 5, 2007 | 2:05 pm

That is a really pretty apartment. It looks so fresh and clean. I love the treatments on the floors too.

4. The Peak of Chic November 5, 2007 | 2:44 pm

So sorry about your horrendous weekend- feel better soon! In the meantime, I do love the images you’ve shown here.

5. Jane Flanagan November 5, 2007 | 4:11 pm

I was just looking at this. I love the table in the breakfast nook, but they don’t say where it’s from! I wish they always gave a source, even if it’s just a flea market… Grrr…

6. Alice Olive November 5, 2007 | 4:26 pm

Ouch, sorry you didn’t have a great weekend.

These photos are beautiful. I love how so many of them are ‘elements’ rather than a vista of the room/space in its entirety. Second last photo is so beautiful.

And that breakfast nook, I agree with Jane Flanagan, it’s fantastic!

7. Layler November 5, 2007 | 5:18 pm

Sorry you didn’t have a good weekend! Just read that H&G is stopping production next month! Ack!

8. Mrs. Blandings November 5, 2007 | 8:49 pm

Beautiful images.

Don’t give up – there are good ones out there. Do NOT try and make it better with the bad ones. You can’t. Trust me, those guys don’t change – I have friends married to ’em 20 years later who could give personal testimony.

9. Anonymous November 6, 2007 | 3:41 pm

very beautiful thanks- also where is the bed headboard from? ochre?
    and i have looked for the collette dinnigan dress she wears but could not find it, do you know where it is available? thank-you

10. designdna November 6, 2007 | 5:18 pm

uh oh. the good news is, living well is the bbest revenge!

11. katiedid November 7, 2007 | 5:00 pm

I am so sorry! I feel that way about my contractor alot. Thanks for the post! I love this apartment!

12. WendyB November 8, 2007 | 4:55 am

I love that red chair and foot stool (or as I call them: “tuffets”)

13. Habitually Chic November 8, 2007 | 8:06 pm

Thanks for all the sweet comments!

I haven’t googled the Collette Dinnigan dress to look for it but you can check http://www.collettedinnigan.com for stockists.

For a similar bed, try “Newfield” at http://www.charlesprogers.com.

The red leather “Snooze” chair and stool are from Ochre and not cheap, $6,190 and $1,660 respectively.

14. Serena November 9, 2007 | 8:01 pm

Hi from a Roman holiday. Reading this late since internet access is spotty where I’m staying… but wanted to remind you that you have heaps of fans out in the ether who are cheering for you and hoping you a speedy healing of your broken heart.

15. Bella November 16, 2007 | 7:56 am

I would just like to say that I really LOVE this blog. Its classy, smart and lady like. Its nice to look at nice things, both for us girls and the home.
    Its such a beautiful apartment!
    Im sorry to hear of your broken heart, even though I dont know you, I still feel for you.