Sarah Jessica Parker: Back in Vogue

I live for the third Wednesday of every month when Vogue arrives on the newsstands here in New York. The May covergirl is Sarah Jessica Parker who is of course promoting the release of the movie Sex and the City 2. While the cover is lovely, it’s the photos inside that caught my attention. SJP was photographed by Mario Testino at The Beacon in Jersey City. I love crumbly old buildings and the juxtaposition of the old interiors and haute couture is pure perfection! Whether the film will capture my attention as positively as these photos remains to be seen!

Photos by Mario Testino for Vogue

1. Lacquered Life April 13, 2010 | 8:43 pm

The Beacon is an amazing historic preservation project –adaptive re-use and federal rehabilitation tax credits. Its awesome!

2. AmericanGypsy April 13, 2010 | 9:09 pm

Agree, Lacquered Life! Beacon is an amazing property. Although the website doesn’t show photos of their stellar, art nouveau lobby and other historic features. Recently my husband and I pretended we were interested in buying a condo just so we could get a tour! http://www.thebeaconjc.com/

3. tartanscot April 13, 2010 | 9:22 pm

O.M.G. – this shoot is spectacular! I would expect no less from the uber-talented Testino – and the radiantly beautiful SJP.

Fingers crossed for a great film!

cheers,
    Scot

4. LoveFeast Table April 13, 2010 | 9:31 pm

Love the dress, love the space…looking forward to the movie…i think. 🙂 Lovely!

5. Marija April 13, 2010 | 9:59 pm

Stunning pictures. Now I’m more excited about Vogue than the movie! Thanks for the heads up! Marija

6. styleodyssey April 13, 2010 | 10:18 pm

SJP wears couture so splendidly- whether here, in a mag spread, or on SATC. There’s something about her that I just love.

Whether the movie yields good or bad reviews, I look forward to it (admittedly, I am an unabashed fan of the series and first movie).

And Ms. Parker is one of the few celebrities (non-models) that I can tolerate on the cover of Vogue!

7. the NEO-traditionalist April 13, 2010 | 11:09 pm

I can’t wait for mine to arrive in the mail! And for the movie—I hope it’s as fantastic as the trailer leads us to believe!
    xo katie

8. Faux Fuchsia April 14, 2010 | 2:08 am

You are lucky- In Australia even air freight American Vogue arrives well into the next month and it is almost $20! Can’t wait to see these photos.

9. Gina April 14, 2010 | 2:26 am

Amazing photos! I am so excited for this movie and so obsessed with SJP.

10. Punctuation Mark April 14, 2010 | 2:54 am

all her Vogue shoots are always amazing… can’t wait for the new movie!!!

11. Karena April 14, 2010 | 3:45 am

Great building, great woman, great style!!

Karena
    Art by Karena

12. a lovely being April 14, 2010 | 4:40 am

I love the juxtaposition of couture + ruins. The color in these photos is amazing! Definitely going on my (autumn?) inspiration board.
    XO fallon

13. TheIconicBlog.com April 14, 2010 | 6:18 am

She wears couture so well. What incredible photos!

14. kimberj April 14, 2010 | 1:09 pm

We can only hope that the movie is as beautifully shot as these photos. I fear it will be more like the crumbly building, a once proud effort since neglected 🙁

15. Jaime @ La vie...J'aime April 14, 2010 | 1:35 pm

Gorgeous styling…SJP looks fabulous as always! I get Vogue but I know my sub runs out soon…hopefully I get this issue! I saved the one from 2 years ago for the first SATC.

16. rikshaw design April 14, 2010 | 2:58 pm

i get all giddy thinking about SATC 2 j’adore!

17. Simply Luxurious April 15, 2010 | 12:26 am

You know I keep a handful of Vogues, but whenever SJP is on the cover, I never let it go. There is just something iconic and unique about her and the building and setting they place her in. Thanks for this post. Also, I had no idea the day that Vogue was released on newsstands. Thanks for that info!

18. Dallas Decorum April 16, 2010 | 3:23 am

She is such a muse! She looks good in everything!

19. AphroChic April 20, 2010 | 9:10 pm

She is just gorgeous! I kept the last Vogue issue she was in, and will keep this one for my collection.