Golden Globes 2014 Fashion Recap

I really need to stop scheduling flights on award show nights.  I missed the red carpet for the 2014 Golden Globes to my delayed Jet Blue flight back from the Dominican Republic but I luckily made it home for the show. I’m glad I did too because everyone looked amazing.  These are just some of my favorites including winner Amy Adams looking chic in Valentino above.

Lupita Nyongo looked resplendent in red Ralph Lauren.

I wish Emma Watson’s Dior didn’t have pants under it but she still looked great.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus always stuns.

Pregnant Drew Barrymore could not be cuter.

Hosts Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera and Amy Poehler in Gucci knocked it out of the park again.

If Elisabeth Moss’s J. Mendel dress had been all one length, I would have really loved it but she looked lovely.

Bradley Cooper looking handsome Tom Ford just because.

She never disappoints but this Armani dress might be my all time favorite Cate Blanchett look.

I don’t know Lily Rabe or who makes her dress but I like it.

Julianna Margulies looking glam in Andrew Gn.

Emma Roberts looking all growned up in Lanvin.

On the fence about Julia Roberts Dolce & Gabbana dress which everyone suggested was reminiscent of an old Sharon Stone look but I still love her.

Zosia Mamet’s new shorter do got just as much attention as her gorgeous Reem Acra gown.

I love Jennifer Lawrence and think she’s a hoot but I’m kind of bored of always seeing her in Dior.  I hope her contract expires soon.

I once saw Rashida Jones in a restaurant in New York and wanted to tell her how much I love her style. I don’t know who designed this dress but I think she’s adorable.

Mom to be, Kerry Washington in white Balenciaga.

Lovely Lady Mary, aka Michelle Dockery in Oscar de la Renta.  I met her during fashion week and she could not be nicer. I hope she finds a man who doesn’t die this season on Downton Abbey!

Zooey Deschanel looks so pretty but I want to pluck that posy from her hair.

Naomi Watts looking like a tall drink of water in Tom Ford.

I thought Mila Kunis looked very pretty in Emilio Pucci.

Allison Williams mixing things up in Alexander McQueen.

I like this Prabal Gurung dress on Sandra Bullock but thought it would have looked even better on Jennifer Lawrence.
I don’t know who Caitlin FitzGerald is or who made her dress but I love this look.
Reese Witherspoon in minimal Calvin Klein.

Don’t know Taylor Schilling either which makes me think I don’t watch as much television as I think I do but I love her emerald green dress.

Sexy baby bump in a Gucci gown on Olivia Wilde.

And last but not least, the one to watch for sure, Margot Robbie in Gucci with a hint of green.
Who was your best dressed?

HC

1. Jessica Orlowicz January 13, 2014 | 3:41 am

Emma Roberts, Cate Blanchett, and Julianna Margulies were stunning!

2. Marissa Nicole Style January 13, 2014 | 5:03 am

Love Love your blog, just thought you’d want to know that is emma watson though not roberts 🙂

3. Pamela Terry and Edward January 13, 2014 | 6:15 am

Cate Blanchett, always.
    And um… I think that’s Emma Watson, not Roberts, in the red with the black pants. Thought she took a risk, and looked charming.
    xo

4. Linda @ DesignInMyView January 13, 2014 | 8:12 am

Heather, I loved all your ladies in red. I never thought to switch dresses on Jennifer and Sandra, but love the idea. Zooey’s posy balanced out all the buffery (sparkle texture) she had going on (too much over all).
    My best dressed for over all beauty (skin, hair, makeup) and wardrobe style (gown, shoes, jewelry) is Michelle Dockery.
    Cheers and Happy New Year!

5. Rebecca and Lori January 13, 2014 | 8:19 am

Love Care Blanchett; just stunning!
    Lori

6. Coulda shoulda woulda January 13, 2014 | 11:47 am

Loved Lady Mary’s Oscar de la Renta dress but wish it were in a different color for the photographs because I think it is one of those dresses that looks better IRL. I love how Cate Blanchett can carry off dresses many others just couldn’t.

7. Amanda Raponi January 13, 2014 | 2:22 pm

Love Cate Blanchett (that dress is stunning), Drew Barrymore and Michelle Dockery.

8. Karena Albert January 13, 2014 | 2:49 pm

So many gorgeous gowns this year! Is Drew Barrymore adorable or what!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

9. Simply Modern Home January 13, 2014 | 3:03 pm

Lupita Nyongo and Cate Blanchette all the way!

10. always chic January 13, 2014 | 3:13 pm

Cate Blanchett..absolutely glamorous! The details of the dress front and back were beautiful!! She wore it WELL.

11. ArchitectDesign™ January 13, 2014 | 3:47 pm

Glad you made it home safely! I thought Kate Blanchett knocked it out of the park and Gwenyth Paltrow looked amazing as always.
    Was Emma Thompson wearing a wig?!

12. Yolonda J. Washington // DesignRoundup January 13, 2014 | 4:10 pm

Julianne, Margot and Olivia Wilde stole my fashion hear!

13. Donna in Potomac January 13, 2014 | 4:25 pm

I loved Amy Poehler in that black Stella McCartney and Naomi Watt’s in Tom Ford. Both classic chic. I was really disappointed in Sandra Bullock’s dress this time. To me it looked like something you’d see at Cinderella’s Castle in Disney World.

14. MasonScrapMom January 13, 2014 | 5:10 pm

Caitlin FitzGerald is from the Showtime Series “Masters of Sex” 🙂

15. BRASWELL January 13, 2014 | 5:11 pm

Cate Blanchett was a favorite + she knocked it out of the park. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

16. LilyBart January 13, 2014 | 6:27 pm

Cate Blanchette!

2nd? I like Naomi Watts’ look. Very old Hollywood.

3rd? Julia Louis Dreyfus

17. TN Mimi January 13, 2014 | 9:26 pm

Jennifer Lawrence was my fav. I don’t care if her GG dress resembled her Oscar dress. Emma Watson looked wonderful.

18. Miss Sophisticate January 13, 2014 | 9:40 pm

I love Cate and I LOVED her dress – she always looks so class though, so I’m honestly not surprised. I thought Julia’s hair and makeup looked super chic, but I wasn’t sold on the dress. But you know, it’s Julia so she can’t really go too wrong now, can she? And with fear of being torn apart by JLaw fans, I say this quietly and hesitantly…I hated her whole look. I love her and think she’s a doll, but her make up looked funky and the dress was not only a style that she’s already done, but aside from the repeat factor, it was just not a pretty or flattering dress. She is young and beautiful and should be wearing something equally vibrant.

A.k.a. I basically agreed with all your dress reviews! ha!

xo